Sunday, October 16, 2011

October 16

Everyday stress can be incredibly obnoxious and trying.  However, if we didn't have the little stress inducers, we would never be able to handle the huge events in our lives that require the most from us.

I have an alarming amount of things to do today.  It's a Sunday, but I will still be working throughout the day.  I am not wigging out yet, though, which is a good sign.  It is so annoying to hear people whine about the most menial things.  It makes them seem weak and self-centered.  I can always put my minor sufferings in perspective quite easily.  I have faced the real crisises and have come out strong.  This is childsplay (this sentiment might change tomorrow if I don't finish my work!).
AMANDA

I also have an overwhelming amount of work to do today. Have you ever observed someone else's situation and think to yourself, "that would never happen to me"? And then have that situation happen to you? That happened to me. I am proud to say that I have come out stronger than ever. I always say to myself: the challenges I face complete me and make me whole. I truly believe this. Don't let those little stresses of every day life make you miserable! If you can't handle those day to day tasks, there's no way you can overcome a major hardship when it comes your way. Audrey Hepburn exemplifies todays post. She endured so many hardships throughout her life (a childhood in the middle of World War II hiding from Nazis, many miscarriages, two divorces, etc.) and she handled it all with such grace and class. She never complained or thrust her problems on others. She became a stronger woman because of those challenges.

"The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters." -Audrey Hepburn

xx Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment