Sunday, October 9, 2011

October 9

Whenever you feel like you can't focus, take about ten minutes to think or daydream.  When you return to the task, you will feel refreshed and reenergized.

I may be a little too good at this message.  I constantly am daydreaming and thinking of something else.  I think about different stories I have read or invented, my future, several scenarios that will never happen but make me laugh or want to cry.  Of course, you can't let yourself get to caught up in your daydreams or else you will never get any work done.  I like the idea of setting aside special time for daydreaming rather than letting it take over or never fantasizing at all.
AMANDA

Is it a bad thing that I constantly daydream? I know I need to cut back. (The first step is admitting that I have a problem). The good thing is that I didn't daydream all that much when I was in school, as there was something to keep me distracted most of the time. Every once and a while, though, my mind would wander. But I think that is normal. Mostly I daydream when I am at home. And about similar things that Amanda does: stories (real and fake), things that I wish would happen to me in the future, all kinds of things. I think it is healthy to have an active imagination. Just don't put all of your happiness in your daydreams. It is very important to create things in reality that can provide happiness for you.

xx Brie

"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you anywhere." - Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment