Tuesday, October 4, 2011

October 4

Negative thoughts about yourself are very rarely useful.  Realize this, and whenever a negative thought comes into your brain today say "I am not going to pay attention to you."

When I first read today's message, I was convinced that I was guilty of negative thought, maybe even at an hourly basis.  As I went through my day today, though, I noticed that I rarely let a negative thought pass through my mind.  Now, I had an exceptionally good day today so maybe this wasn't the most accurate experiment.  Still, I was really proud of myself. To avoid having negative thoughts in the future, I plan on acting like I am having a great day, every day.  We will see how it goes...
AMANDA

I like to think that I am thinking less and less negative thoughts about myself as the days go by. I mean, life's too short to spend it being hateful towards yourself. My little cousin used to sing that song that goes "It isn't any trouble just to s-m-i-l-e!" Adorable. The more I think about it, the more I realize how true it is. It really isn't any trouble to look into a mirror and give yourself a smile or crack a joke in your mind to brighten your mood.

xx Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment