Friday, October 14, 2011

October 14

We rarely listen to the world around us nowadays.  There is always something on (music, tv, a movie, etc.).  Take a walk in the woods or in a quiet neighborhood.  You will be surprised what you hear when your ears are open.

Um, hell no.
Don't get me wrong, I agree with the message.  We should listen more.  But I have also seen The Edge like six times and multiple serial killer movies, so no: I am not going into the woods alone.  Don't get me started on the ant incident of '08.  Right now, I am watching Queen Christina as I write this post.  When that is over, I will probably listen to my album for the day.  As you can see, I haven't exactly embraced this message yet.  Believe or not, though, these blogs aren't my entire life; I fit them in by having movies or albums on in the background while I complete other work.  But this particular blog is about growing, so I am going to attempt this feat later tonight.  I will sit outside for at least ten minutes (shocking, right?) and just listen.
AMANDA
By the way, the value I tried to embrace today was COURAGE.  That didn't work out.  Try, try again.


There aren't really any wooded areas around me. But I do love to walk outside when I get the chance. In fact, just today I took a quick walk outside, but came in because it was a bit cold. I really enjoyed seeing the beautiful autumn leaves and the breeze was so refreshing. Unfortunately, I heard cars and such, which took the experience down a notch. I really admire Diana Fletcher's message to not get too caught up in electronic devices as so many people do these days. I constantly see kids glued to their cell phones with their iPods in their ears and think that it is such a waste. Don't let life pass you by. Stop and smell the roses! And if you get the chance, take a walk. Even if it is just for ten minutes, it will clear your head and really rejuvenate you.

xx Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment