Monday, October 24, 2011

October 24

Bad decisions can leave us feeling guilty and ashamed.  Instead of obsessing over the humiliation, examine the decision.  Learn from it, then forgive yourself.


I have a really hard time getting over my embarrassment and shame.  I just obsess about it until it becomes the only thing I can think of.  I also have a problem with the forgiveness and the learning from it.  To sum up, I have trouble with this entire message (and getting to the point apparently).  I do find that detaching myself from the situation helps.  For instance, if something embarrassing happens, I pretend that a friend made the mistake.  I, of course, immediately would have forgiven them and I would have been rational about the magnitude of the situation.  Also, if something mildly embarrassing happened to a friend, you would forget about it quite easily.
AMANDA


I, like many females, obsess over the smallest, most insignificant details. Sometimes, I will have a conversation with someone that goes really well, and my first reaction after saying goodbye to that person is to analyze the situation and try to gage their reactions. I always find something wrong with some tiny little thing I did. I can really take this to the extreme, so obviously I need to stop that. During conversations I am so confident and friendly, but afterwards my confidence is suddenly gone. I will always worry about what the other person thought of me. This clearly means that I have issues with my own self-confidence and that I have some insecurity issues. I'm really working on it, though. To give myself perspective on these embarassing situations, I picture myself a year into the future. If I wouldn't be worried about it in the future, why would I worry about it now?

xx Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment