Thursday, December 1, 2011

December 1

Remember that the holidays are fun and loving, not just stress triggers.  Plan some family time and alone time right now. NOW!


This message was a bit pushy, wasn't it?  I cannot speak for my family at this moment!  Anyway, I have never been one of those people who has to "get through" the holidays.  I am not a huge Thanksgiving fan, but I love Christmas and New Year (yes, I am an atheist but Christmas is so commercialized that I celebrate it anyway).  My sister is visiting town for Christmas and I know I am going to spend those days with my family.  This weekend, I am going to see a play with my older brother.  I love spending time with my family; we are all really close.  Yay, December!
AMANDA


My family (and extended family) gets together almost every week, usually on Sundays, so during the holiday season we aren't seeing each other any more than we usually do. I can't help but get a bit stressed at this time of year. I have been overloaded with work recently. And on top of that, I haven't even begun Christmas shopping! I really want to enjoy the holidays this year, so I am just going to have to work around my busy schedule. This weekend I am going to spend time with my best friend, Amanda, and my family. :) I can't wait for it to snow! Having a thick blanket of snow on the ground always reminds me of how magical winter truly is.

xx Brie



1 comment:

  1. Amanda, I think you are right. Re-reading my words, it is a little pushy. However, the book is meant to empower women, and many women forget to make time for themselves. I love your honesty and the interesting takes you and Brie have on the book! I hope more people start reading and sharing their thoughts. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete