Wednesday, December 14, 2011

December 12

Get out of friendships that are negative.  If you don't like the way your friend treats people, end the relationship.


I love my friends.  That may sound like I am stating the obvious, but I know that I have had friends in the past that I kind of tolerated.  I didn't like the way she/he talked to other people but I was stuck with the person so I put up with it.  However, you have already met the charming Ms. Brie who is funny, kind, and thoughtful.  Our other best friend, Mara, is a lot of fun and really smart (maybe some time she will guest speak on this blog).  I know this sounds cliche but I think that you can get through anything with good friends.  Just look at Samwise and Frodo!
AMANDA



Amanda, you are so cool with your Lord of the Rings reference! :) I never really knew what good friends were like until I met Mara and Amanda. They are so understanding and caring, and I had never experienced friends like that before. Before I met Amanda, I had a friend who was really mean to everyone around her. Even me, and I was supposed to be her best friend. Being in that friendship was constantly stressful to me, as I would go back and forth between being who I was (a kind, compassionate person, if I do say so myself) and who she wanted me to be (mean, unfeeling, rude). I often look back on that friendship, and I think about how getting out of that situation and creating my own path was the best thing I could have done.

xx Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment