Wednesday, December 21, 2011

December 21

Stop claiming you are not creative.  If you have thoughts, you are creative.


I never really claim I am not creative.  I mean, I don't go around bragging about it but I think of some good story ideas sometimes.  I cannot do art, though; a recent horrific doodle of a car will be enough proof for you.  I also create disaster in kitchens (I am thinking of a specific mac and cheese incident here).  I think we are all creative in at least one area, no matter what your talents are.  I think you really have to work on your talent, though.
AMANDA

Amanda, your ear/squirrel was a work of art. Don't kid yourself. Our friend Mara is probably the most creative person within a 100 mile radius of where we live. So, that can be pretty intimidating. But, it is just as Amanda said: everyone has at least one creative part to them. For me, I like to be creative with my clothes and sometimes interior decorating. I am in no way a musician, but I love to listen to different types of music, so I think it counts as creative if I express my emotion through music. I think the most important part of being creative is releasing your feelings and expressing your emotions in healthy, productive outlets. We don't all have 'in your face' type talents. It is all about the qualities that make you unique rather than how amazing you can be at something.

xx Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment