Saturday, December 3, 2011

December 3

You do not have to spend loads of money on peoples' presents.  You can still show someone you love them in cheaper ways.


I know people will probably not believe me when I say this but I would rather get books or movies for a holiday than expensive jewelry.  I always love gifts that you can fun with immediately rather than gifts that are put away to wear or use at a later date.  I also am going to brag and say that I am rather good at getting people gifts that are not that expensive but still thoughtful.  For instance, one time I got my sister a bucket of Starburst.  You read that correctly.  She once said that she wanted a bucket of Starburst (she wasn't serious) and I thought to myself: I can make that happen.  It really was not pricey but it was something really personal that she enjoyed.
AMANDA

I agree, Amanda. I would much rather have a thoughtful gift. I truly believe that it is the thought that counts. Amanda and I already were talking the other day about how I like to get clothes for Christmas, and she doesn't see the point, because she can't use it right away. I like to get clothes because then you get the excitement of wearing new things for a while after Christmas. I like to give people books (of course) and music I think they would like. Years from now, I am more likely to remember thoughtful gestures and happy memories with my family than expensive, thoughtless gifts.

xx Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment