Friday, December 23, 2011

December 23

Don't be a wet blanket or a killjoy.  Protect your dreams from these people.


I sometimes crush people's dreams.  Hell, me and my friend Mara do it all the time.  We don't do it on purpose but the two of us usually think everything through and assume the worst. It is pretty natural for us to ruin people's dreams just by asking questions.  I agree that you should protect your dreams from us killjoys, but make sure you can also defend it.  A conversation about logistics should not be enough to ruin your dream.  If you can't aptly defend it than you may want to rethink your game plan.  Believe me, we wet blankets lurk everywhere.  Be prepared!
AMANDA


Amanda has over dramatized that. She really isn't like that. She is simply a realist. When I first began my current relationship and told one of my family members about it, said family member told me something to the effect of "Well, just so you know, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if you broke up". We had just gotten together. Way to put a damper on my newfound love. I didn't listen to that person, of course, and I am still with him. To address Amanda's advice, "if you can't aptly defend it than you may want to rethink your game plan", my defense was that we compliment each other. I mean, it wasn't the strongest defense, but it is really hard to explain my feelings sometimes. And I don't think "I really like him" would be a very solid defense, either. Trust in yourself and follow your intuition. It's gotten me where I am today. But also ask your close friends for advice often, because the different perspectives can help you to make smarter decisions.

xx Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment